Version 4.0 of Nyanko Daisensou was released on July 13th, 2015 with new content and 20 Cat Food gift as a login bonus until July 27th, 2015.
Main Chapter 4 Into the Future (未来編 mirai hen). This chapter includes new treasures that are effective in both the Empire of Cats Chapters (日本編 Nihon hen, the 3 old Main Chapters) and the Into the Future chapters. All the stages in this new chapter also have Timed Score Reward System. New chapter in Into the Future will appear in the next update.
Treasures such as "special ability towards red enemy is significantly increased " and "special ability towards angel enemy is significantly increased" have been added in the Future. Only Cat Units with special abilities towards their specific enemies can get the effect. (E.g. Witch Cat has a higher chance to slow if a specific treasure is activated)
New Stages in SoL
A new Cyclone Stage (Black Hole Rising (Insane)) was added in this update. A Rare Cat appears as treasure drop in this stage.
Cat Combo Feature
This feature will unlock after completing Chapter 1. By using a combination of Cat Units in the first slot, various additional effects will appear.
Rare Cat Capsule/Gacha Additions
New Cat Units
- Super Rare Cats
- Surfer Cat (ネコサーファー nekosāfā)
By using 90 Cat Food to unlock, up to 10 slots can be used.
New Battle BGM and Backgrounds
New BGMs (Background Music) and backgrounds were added into the Future Guide chapters.
Several new abilities were added into the game.
- Weaken: Ability activation is designated by a sword with a blue arrow pointing downwards; Decreases attack power towards enemies or cats.
- Strengthen: Ability activation is designated by a sword with an orange arrow pointing upwards; Increases attack power and randomly activates for enemies. For the Akira Uber, his ability will activate upon reaching death and will last until he dies.
- Survive Lethal Strike: Ability activation is designated by a flexing shadow of a human and a clinging sound. Has a chance to allow a cat or enemy to resist damage that would normally kill and allows it to make its final stand. Activated only once per cat/enemy life.
Cat Unit Changes
- Macho Legs Cat: Strong against Alien Enemies.
- The Flying Cat: Occasionally weaken the attack power of Angel Enemies.
- Ultimate Bondage Cat: Able to survive lethal strike.
- Heavy Equipment C.A.T: Occasionally weaken the attack power of Black Enemies.
- Pogo Cat: Able to survive lethal strike.
- Wheel Cat: Deals massive damage to Alien Enemies.
- Mer-Cat: Able to survive lethal strike.
- Kotatsu Cat: Occasionally weaken the attack power of Floating Enemies.
- Sushi Cat: Occasionally weaken attack power of Red Enemies.
- Cat Machine: Resist Red and Alien Enemies.
- Baby Cat: Might knock back Floating and Alien Enemies.
- Maeda Keiji: Strengthen attack power at 30% health.
- Takeda Shingen: Now attacks only Alien and Black Enemies .
- Kai: Able to survive lethal strike.