Volkanos Volcano is the 10th sub-chapter in Stories of Legend. It is available in ★, ★★, ★★★ and ★★★★ difficulty modes.
One of the most difficult subchapters for a while. It has various stages, all of which are different from the last, and so the player will have to change up their loadouts a lot.
The 3 hardest levels in this subchapter are Fire Cage (a stage where 2 Bores appear in total), Volcanic Defender (Teacher Bun Bun appears as a huge threat, along with Shy Boys) and Flame Caldera (first appereance of Kory).
This sub-chapter introduces one new enemy:
- Kory: A moderately fast enemy with high health, somewhat low attack damage, mediocre range and several knockbacks. As stated above, he has the ability to perform wave attacks (Lv. 4, to be specific), which can make Kory very dangerous without the help of wave-immune units. It is also important to note that the first time Kory appears, he has a 200% strength magnification.
List of Stages
This sub-chapter contains 6 stages:
- Stage 10-1: Hot Bath Rock - A solo Camelle appears at the start of the battle as the main threat.
- Stage 10-2: Gentle Geyser - J.K Bun Bun and Mooths. Similar to Mural of the Devil.
- Stage 10-3: Thick Magma - A group of Rain D. and Owlbrows. Otta-smack-u appears as a supporting unit.
- Stage 10-4: Fire Cage - Tons of Red enemies, including two Bores.
- Stage 10-5: Volcanic Defender - Three Shy Boys appear at the beginning, and Teacher Bun Bun appears as a boss not long after. Shy Boys are spawned at a mild pace for the rest of the battle.
- Stage 10-6: Flame Caldera - A 200% Kory appears a boss when the enemy base takes enough damage. Doge Dark appears as a support enemy.