Wave Attacks hit all enemies/cats in their range, but don't affect bases. The damage done by Wave Attacks is the same as a normal attack from their creator. Wave Attacks will retain any special ability/effect that the original attack had.
Wave Attacks have a level, which determines the number of Wave Attack blasts produced. The starting Wave Attack range for enemies is 467.5, which can make a Level 1 Wave Attack hit Bahamut Cat (450 range); whereas for cats, the starting Wave Attack range is 332.5. Each Wave Attack level applies 200 extra range.
Mini-Wave is an ability introduced in Version 10.1. Smaller and weaker than Wave Attacks, Mini-Waves deal only 20% of their creator's attack power, and move at twice the speed of normal Waves. Unlike Surges, Mini-Waves are counted as the same effect as Wave Attacks, meaning they are resisted by anti-Wave units all the same.
|Superstar Moneko||Lv.3 Mini-Wave||100%|
|Cats in the Cradle||Lv.2 Wave||100%|
|Crazed Gross Cat||Lv.3 Wave
(Lv.4 in True Form)
|Crazed Titan Cat||Lv.10 Wave||10%|
(15% in True Form)
|Nekondo SP||Lv.2 Wave||20%|
|Rooster Cat||Lv.10 Wave||15%|
|Cat Base Mini||Lv.3 Wave
(Lv.4 in True Form)
|Kubilan Pasalan||Lv.8 Wave||100%|
|Hermit Cat||Lv.3 Wave
(Lv.5 in True Form)
|Akio & Gunder CC||Lv.2 Wave||100%|
|Shinji Cat||Lv.2 Wave||100%|
|Souma Cat||Lv.3 Wave||100%|
|Detective Vigler||Lv.3 Wave||100%|
|Wonder MOMOCO||Lv.8 Wave on 1st hit||100%|
|Li'l Valkyrie Dark||Lv.3 Wave||100%|
|Shakurel Lion||Lv.1 Wave||20%|
|Shakurel Panda||Lv.1 Wave||20%|
|Shakurel Tiger||Lv.1 Wave||20%|
|Myrcia||Lv.2 Wave on 2nd hit
(Lv.4 in True Form)
|Slime Cat||Lv.5 Wave||100%|
|The 4th Angel||Lv.3 Wave||50%|
(Lv.3 in Evolved Form, Lv.4 in True Form)
|Mighty Aegis Garu||Lv.5 Mini-Wave||100%|
|First-Love Myrcia||Lv.3 Wave||100%|
|Valentine's Neneko||Lv.2 Mini-Wave||100%|
|Shampoo (Cat)||Lv.4 Mini-Wave||50%|
(100% in Evolved Form)
|Dark Aegis Garu||Lv.5 Mini-Wave||100%|
|Princess Cat||Lv.4 Mini-Wave
(Lv.6 in Evolved Form)
|Shitakiri Sparrow||Lv.4 Mini-Wave||40%|
|Nana & Cat||Lv.4 Mini-Wave||100%|
|Dark Lazer (Talent)||Lv.6 Wave||5~15%|
|Necro-Dancer Cat (Talent)||Lv.3 Wave||3~30%|
|God-Emperor Megidora (Talent)||Lv.3 Wave||5~15%|
|Pizza Cat (Talent)||Lv.2 Wave||3~30%|
|CAT-8 Behemoth (Talent)||Lv.4 Wave||2~20%|
|Li'l Island Cat (Talent)||Lv.2 Wave||2~20%|
|Dober P.D||Lv.3 Wave||33%|
|Crazed Gross Cat||Lv.3 Wave||100%|
|Crazed Titan Cat||Lv.7 Wave||15%|
|Pigeon de Sable||Lv.1 Wave||100%|
|Elizabeth the LVIth||Lv.3 Wave||100%|
|Bun Bun Symbiote||Lv.1 Wave||5%|
|Manic Macho Legs||Lv.4 Wave||100%|
|Manic Jamiera Cat||Lv.7 Wave||25%|
|Two Can||Lv.2 Wave||100%|
|Corrupted Cat Base||Lv.20 Wave||100%|
|Doge Base||Lv.20 Wave||100%|
|Li'l Macho Legs Cat||Lv.3 Wave||100%|
|Li'l Jamiera Cat||Lv.7 Wave||90%|
|Hermit Cat||Lv.5 Wave||100%|
|Crazed Moneko||Lv.5 Wave on 3rd hit||100%|
|Corrupted Moneko||Lv.5 Wave on 3rd hit||100%|
|Saber Alter||Lv.3 Wave on 3rd hit||100%|
|Ms. Madonna||Lv.3 Wave||100%|
|Final Boss Giga-God (Cool Dude)||Lv.12 Wave||100%|
|Kano & Souma||Lv.2 Wave||100%|
|Bore Jr.||Lv.3 Wave||100%|
|Chocolate Wall Doge||Lv.4 Wave||100%|
|Mr. Mer||Lv.3 Mini-Wave||100%|
|Wicked Face||Lv.4 Mini-Wave||100%|
|Possessed Empress||Lv.6 Mini-Wave||100%|
|Kyubey (form 2)||Lv.2 Wave||100%|
|Masked Grandmaster Cat||Lv.5 Wave||100%|
|Nana & Doge||Lv.3 Mini-Wave||100%|
- Wave Attacks have more range than they seem to, with the hitbox reaching further than the Wave Attack visuals. This can be annoying sometimes, as units that should be safe from the waves will still get hit.
- Wave Attacks operate at a delay, and they are a separate hitbox from the attack which triggered them, meaning that if the unit which created the waves is knocked back, the waves will still progress and deal damage independently. This can be seen when Crazed Gross Cat attacks the enemy base in the Challenge Battle, triggering the summon of Assassin Bear, and even though Crazed Gross Cat's attack has ended, the waves still progress forward, killing Assassin Bear.
- Wave Attacks created by Long Distance/Omni Strike units such as Talented CAT-8 Behemoth and Saber Alter (Enemy) will spawn at their creator's standing range.
- There are several abilities that reduce the effect of Wave Attacks:
- Units with "Immune to Waves" abilities take no damage from Wave Attacks. However, they still can take damage from the attack triggering the Wave Attack if they are too close to the attacker.
- Units with "Wave Shield" abilities can stop Wave Attacks entirely. This ability disables the hitbox of wave blasts in contact, meaning that units like Mighty Kristul Muu can protect Awakened Bahamut Cat even if it is behind.
- Units with "Resist Wave" Talents take reduced damage from Wave Attacks. The damage reduction depends on the Talent's level: For most units, this ranges from 5% to 50% reduction.
- Wave Attacks are entirely separate from Surge Attacks.
- Kory is the first character to have Wave Attacks.
- Crazed Gross Cat and Crazed Titan Cat are the first Cat Units to have Wave Attacks.
- Enemy Units will create blue waves, and Cat Units will create purple waves.
- Wave Attacks resemble the blast from the default Cat Cannon.