- Zombies also attack the world of Battle Cats!? - Event Information.
Zombie Outbreaks (ゾンビ襲来 Zonbi shūrai, Zombie Attack) are a special event that appears after the player has cleared Chapter 1 of Empire of Cats. This event was added in update 5.6 of the Japanese Version on November 16th, 2016. The 5.7 update introduced Zombie Outbreaks to Chapter 2, and 5.8 introduced Zombie Outbreaks to Chapter 3.
Update 7.4 added new outbreak stages to Into The Future Chapter 1(Ch.4).
Update 8.8 adds new and increasingly difficult zombie outbreak stages to Into the Future Chapter 2(Ch.5)!
- This event introduces a new type of enemies - the Zombie Enemies. Zombies can burrow (once, though some can burrow infinitely and others none) past the player's cats' hitboxes and they respawn once (but some infinitely) at 50% or 100% health, they also appear in some events and late Stories of Legend stages.
- Most of the normal enemies in a Zombie Outbreak stage are replaced by their Zombie counterparts(i.e. Doge -> Zoge). This holds true for most of Chapters 1 & 2 with some Red and Floating enemies sprinkled in. More Black, Angel, Alien and even some Metal enemies start to appear as you enter Chapter 3 and Into the Future.
- Once you have attempted the outbreak stage and lost (or quit after 10 sec have passed) you can tap on the name of the stage at the top of the screen to see the list of enemies that appear in the stage.
- When defeating a stage with a Zombie Outbreak happening, the player gains a little "Z" medal by the stage's name, as well as gaining 10 Cat Food.
- If the player completes all Zombie Outbreaks in a specific medal set, the chances of getting a treasure in those levels significantly improve. (Called Quarantine Zone in Empire of Cats)
- If the player completes all Zombie Outbreak levels in a chapter, the Energy Capacity will rise by 50.
- At first, Zombie Outbreaks appear once every few hours, but they get significantly rarer once the player has completed most of them. If the player uses the Energy Glitch, they occur more easily.
The different Zombie Enemies that can be encountered in Zombie Outbreaks are:
- Zoge (Zombie) - Zombie Woof (ゾンビワン, Zonbiwan)
- Znache (Zombie) - Nyororon (?) (にょろろん)
- Zomboe (Zombie) - Hippotarian (カバタリアン, Kabatarian)
- Zigge (Zombie) - Tonsey (トンシー tonshī)
- Zackie Peng (Zombie) - Jackie Peng Z (ジャッキー・ペンZ, Jakkī pen Z)
- Zory (Zombie) - Gori Jun (?) (ゴリ・ンジュ, Gori.n'ju)
- Zir Zeal (Zombie) - Sir Seal Splash (ブチゴマさま, Buchigoma-sama)
- Zang Roo (Zombie) - Skull Boxer (スカルボクサー, Sukaru Bokusā)
- Zroco (Zombie) - Croco Bond (?) (ワニボン, Wanibon)
- Lord Gravey (Zombie) - Gravey Hand Tarou (墓手太郎 Haka-te Tarō)
- Miss Haka (Zombie) - Gravey Hand Hanako (墓手花子, Hakate Hanako)
- Cadaver Bear (Zombie) - (クマンケン)
- Dread Bore (Zombie) - (シノシシ)
- Zuche (Zombie) - (チキランラン)
- The Thrillerz (Zombie) - (スリラーズ)
Interestingly enough, the zombies in Zombie Outbreaks in Chapter 1 are magnified by 20%, making it easier for new players to farm cat food. In Chapter 2, the zombies are magnified by 30%. In Chapter 3, the zombies are magnified by 50%. In Chapter 4(ITF1), zombie magnification is 100%.
Most enemies in an "infected" stage will be replaced with Zombie Enemies (with some exceptions), Bosses still appear like normal if the original stage has one but some are replaced by their Zombie version.
- A level 20+ Crazed Giraffe Cat can prevent all peons from burrowing. Spam them to bypass all Zombies and destroy the base.
- For an even faster method, use the Crazed Cow (or the Cat Cannon) to clear a path for Awakened Bahamut to destroy the enemy base in a couple hits. He can usually speed over the reviving zombies if timed properly.
- For levels that do give you trouble, the Zombie Killer ability is a huge boon and will help you destroy zombies before they burrow.
- Zombies will inevitably get behind your front lines as they revive or when new ones spawn, causing them to "snipe" your base from behind your forces. A helpful tactic to prevent this is to keep a zombie killer unit at the ready for when new spawns burrow behind so that they can help to defend the base more easily. You really don't want to lose a base-race on a difficult Alien/Zombie stage!
- The Frontline Assault Iron Legion (Gacha Event) has the highest number of Zombie Killer units, with all 5 of the Uber Rares and the one Legend Rare having that ability plus other abilities to really showcase a few of them as generalists for early players. The Grandon Mining Corp Gacha(appears during Iron Legion and a few other events) has Piledriver Cat, who is an excellent zombie killer as he is multi-hit and Omnistrike.
- Getting an early Zombie Killer Uber/Super can help farm that +10 cat food for more Ubers, as zombie levels do get rather difficult in Chapter 3 & 4 for newer players. There is a total of 480 cat food available from Zombie Outbreaks in each chapter. When combined with Ad farming, this is one of the more efficient ways for a new player to earn cat food.
- Unlike most Zombie enemies, some do not burrow, including Zyclone, Inumusha, Zamelle, Coffin Zoge, Daboo of The Dead, and Lord Gravey.
- The Moon Outbreak will only appear after all the other Z medals are received.
- Zombie Outbreak levels may appear to have random units but they are based off of the main stage's units and will not change if you lose a stage and it appears again days or weeks later.
- Rolling Dead, the stage of the Zombie Cyclone.
- Lord Gravey (Zombie), the first boss type Zombie enemy.
- Miss Haka (Zombie), the second boss type Zombie enemy.
- Big Sal (Zombie), who burrows infinitely and has 1 Hit KO base destroyer skill